Sunday, October 2, 2011

Shades of Autumn

Autumn in Maine
Yesterday was the first chilly day of the fall season here in Tennessee. Instead of simply thinking about and writing about fall clothing, I was actually wearing them for the first time of the season.  The leaves are just now starting to show the first hint of the color to come here in Tennessee, unlike this time last year in Maine, when I took the photo at left.

Regardless of where we live, I think when we feel that first brisk chill, we start craving fall and all that goes with it.  The splendor of the fall leaves, pumpkins, and Indian corn; Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings.

I also think that when we begin slipping into "fall mode" we automatically crave the colors of nature;  rich crimsons, golds, rusts, and chestnut browns of the changing leaves
Autumn in Maine
Photo:  Sheilla Dingus
I think most of us, when reaching into our closets on these early fall days tend to reach for something that reminds us of the natural beauty of the season, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to present what, in my opinion is the best of fall color in fashion. All selections shown here are from three department stores that I love; fashions from Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, and an array of colorful accessories from Nordstrom that reflect almost perfectly the changing landscape.  Enjoy!
colorFASHION:
SaksNMSaks
3.1 Phillip Lim
Knit Shell top with Chiffon Trim
$395.00
Saks Fifth Avenue
Vince
Chunky Knit Sweater
$245.00
Neiman Marcus
3.1 Phillip Lim
Short Coat with Removable Scarf
$825.00
Saks Fifth Avenue
SaksNMSaks
Burberry Prorsum
Collarless Wool Coat
$2,495.00
Saks Fifth Avenue
Jil Sandler
Helicopter Coat
$2,675.00
Neiman Marcus
Burberry Prorsum
Tweed/Cashmere Tunic
$1,095.00
Saks Fifth Avenue
SaksNMSaks
Gucci
Cashmere Cardigan
$1,100.00
Saks Fifth Avenue
MARC by Marc Jacobs
Empire Sweater
$198.00
Neiman Marcus
Gucci
Fine Merino Wool Turtleneck
$895.00
Saks Fifth Avenue
SaksNMSaks
Bottega Veneta
Multigraph Cashmere Cardigan
$1,520.00
Saks Fifth Avenue
See by Chloe
Colorblock Sweater
$295.00
Neiman Marcus
Diane von Furstenberg
Wrap Vest
$545.00
Saks Fifth Avenue
color
I believe these gorgeous sweaters, coats, and vests will be certain to take the chill off the crisp fall air!  I love how Gucci worked in some purple.  Just like mother nature's wild asters that bloom in the fall.  A good thing to keep in mind
color
when accenting your own fall color pieces. As much as I love the apparel, though, I am really excited about the wonderful coloring of the fall accessory lines at Nordstrom. This is going to be a long post again....I just couldn't decide what to cut with so many beautiful choices available. I hope you will like them as much as I do.
color
Accessories
All from Nordstrom
NNN
Donald J. Pliner
Suede Sandal
$295.00
Cole Haan
'Heritage Quilt - Jenna' Small Shoulder Bag>
$298.00
Jessica Simpson
'Francesca' Pump
$89.95
NNN
bebe
'Rune' Loafer Pump
$119.95
Coach
Chelsea Patent Leather 'Jayden' Carryall
$378.00
Sam Edelman
'Portney' Pump
$119.95
NNN
Jeffrey Campbell
'Zup' Bootie
$204.95
Cole Haan
'Village Avery' Medium Hobo
$278.00
Jessica Simpson
'Match' Pump
$97.95
NNN
Stein & Blye
Short Torsade Necklace
$68.00
Dooney & Bourke
Ostrich Embossed Satchel
$398.00
Stephen Dweck
Triple Stone Toggle Bracelet
$500.00
NNN
Hunter
'Kellen' Wedge Heel Rain Boot
$175.00
Longchamp
'Le Pliage' Mini Tote
$98.00
Melin
'7029'
$179.95
NNN
Lori Bonn
Spice of Life 'Chai' Cluster Ring
$198.00
Nordstrom
'Keep Rockin' Multi-Stone Toggle Bracelet
$58.00
Stephen Dweck
Spice Carnelian Stone Statement Ring
$295.00
NNN
Ralph Lauren Collection
'Pilar' Bootie
$389.00
Nordstrom
Dip Dye Border Tissue Wrap
$98.00
Sam Edelman
Marina Pump
$129.95
NNN
Stephen Dweck
Spice Carnelian Cushion Stone Beaded Ring
$260.00
Pour la Victoire
'Marlow' Large Tote
$395.00
Stephen Dweck
Spice Carnelian Button Clip Earrings
$195.00
NNN
Stephen Dweck
Spice Carnelian Semi-Precious Toggle Bracelet
$295.00
Steven by Steve Madden
Animal Print Calf Hair Clutch
$128.00
See by Chloe
'Daumi' Leather Crossbody Bag
$475.00

I still can't decide which ones I like best. Maybe one of each? I think I'm really in the mood for fall now. How about you? I hope you've found something here to love. Until next time...



Stylishly yours,



 
 
 
 
Come Join me as I link up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment